Friday, September 19, 2014

Wet N Wild Color Icon Trio in Walking on Eggshells 380B review & swatches

Wet N Wild's color icon eyeshadow formula is famous on beauty blogs for being superior to other drugstore alternatives, and for good reason. Walking on Eggshells is my favorite Wet N Wild color icon trio in the regular line - the neutral satin finish shadows work well together for a quick eyeshadow look. I bought mine for $2.99 at CVS.


Shades:
  • "Browbone" - neutral toned cream, satin
  • "Crease" - warm toned medium brown, satin
  • "Eyelid" - neutral toned soft ballet pink, satin 



Packaging
I don't expect much from Wet N Wild packaging due to the price, and this trio lives up to the meager packaging expectations I had. The plastic case does keep the eyeshadow pans from being damaged, as intended. It isn't particularly sturdy or pretty, but it works. This trio also came with a little applicator that has vanished somewhere in my  makeup area. I think it would be useful for some people to have the shades labeled, but don't let it restrict you.

Formula
I have no complaints with the formula of the Wet N Wild color icon eyeshadows, other than the finish. Each shadow in this trio is soft, pigmented, blendable, and a pleasure to use. I don't say this often, but believe the hype of these trios.

I don't love the satin finish of these, which has stopped me from buying more. I think Wet N Wild's matte color icon formula is really great (see my review and swatches of the single Brulee here), and I want to see some matte trios. I wear mattes almost every day, so my satin finish shadows don't get as much love. Even when I do want to wear a satin, these usually aren't first up to bat - I find these to be on the more shimmery end of my satin eyeshadow collection spectrum. (My favorite subtle satins are from Bare Minerals - try Vanilla Sugar or the Comfort Zone ready quad.) That being said, if this is the kind of finish you love, these are nice. This is a total workhorse everyday trio for someone who wants an easy neutral look and I think the shades go well together.

Swatches

Swatches done with my finger on bare, unprimed skin. I tried to angle my arm to show you the satin finish - it comes off with some shine, but you can't see visible pieces of sparkle up close. The cream shade is just as pigmented and lovely as the others, but it blends into my skintone.

Overall, this trio is worth the money and the well deserved reputation. I am going to hold out and wait for Wet N Wild to produce more mattes in their color icon formula, but I am glad to own Walking on Eggshells.

P.S. I know it's only $2.99, but don't pay full price! Wet N Wild goes on sale all the time, so the only thing better than a high quality product for cheap is buying it 25% (or more!) off :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...