Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Urban Decay Freelove Single Eyeshadow review & swatches

Urban Decay's eyeshadow single in Freelove is the perfect warm peachy coral. I get lots of wear with this in the spring and summer when I want a peachy pink pop. Urban Decay singles retail for $18 for 1.5 grams / .05 ounces of product, which comes out to $360 per ounce.


Built up, freelove looks more pink, but sheered out the shade looks more orange. Freelove has an understated shimmery finish that contains light and dimension without glittery fallout or a metallic finish. I find freelove to be surprisingly versatile because it looks so different worn sheerly than worn at full opacity. You wouldn't know it by looking at the pan, but a light wash of freelove on the lid looks fresh and natural with a satin finish. I wear matte eyeshadows about 80% of the time, but this sheers out to a satin finish that looks subdued and not too shiny. Built up, you can easily achieve a brighter more shimmery look that really pops. I adore this formula - easy to blend and a smooth texture.





Swatches

Swatched with my finger on bare, unprimed skin.

Single eyeshadows aren't a great value, but this is a must have Urban Decay shade for warm lovers!

Edit: I just saw that Urban Decay included this shade in the new Shadow Box palette! The palette is an Ulta exclusive and sells for $34. I am always so happy when Urban Decay includes lesser known singles shades into palettes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...