Monday, August 10, 2015

My most used eyeshadow palette - Urban Decay Naked Basics



I love seeing reviews and photos of well used and loved makeup products, and today I wanted to share my most used eyeshadow palette ever - Urban Decay's original Naked Basics. The pictures show the proof of use and my most used shades, so let's get started!

On a boring note, Urban Decay Naked Basics retails for $29 for 6 full size (.05 oz) shades. I bought this myself at Ulta a long time ago on the suggestion of my husband. I had overlooked it many times in the display, but luckily it jumped out at him! (A recommendation to other makeup addicts: shopping with non addicts can lead you to see products you might not otherwise)
Urban Decay Naked Basics palette in diffused indoor light
Urban Decay Naked Basics palette in indirect outdoor light
Shades
  • Venus - a frosted ivory white // I use it most often as an inner corner highlight or lid highlight in a halo placement 
  • Foxy - a matte yellow toned beige // I use it most often as an all over lid shade when my eyes are red or for setting concealer on blemishes
  • Walk of Shame (WOS) - a matte pink toned beige // My favorite shade from the palette - I use almost daily as an all over lid shade to create a blank canvas (See how WOS compares to Wet N Wild Brulee here)
  • Naked 2 - a matte cool toned medium brown // Excellent crease shade or lower lash defining shade
  • Faint - a matte warm toned deep brown // I use it most often to smudge out eyeliner on the upper lash line
  • Crave - a matte chocolate black // Great soft black shade for tightlining (I combine it often with a waterproof mixing medium)
Swatches

As always, swatches are on bare, unprimed skin. I tried to build up the swatch of WOS to show the color, but it is almost the exact the same shade as my skin.

Swatches: Urban Decay Naked Basics palette in diffused indoor light
Swatches: Urban Decay Naked Basics palette in indirect outdoor light
My only complaint with Naked Basics is that it isn't truly a matte palette - Venus is a shimmer shade with a frost finish. I wish it was a matte along with the others. Overall, I think Urban Decay Naked Basics is the best palette for beginners, those who enjoy matte shades, and those who enjoy neutral looks. Plus, neutral staple shades are great companions for brighter bold looks.

I use Naked Basics almost every day and highly recommend it. What is your favorite neutral eye palette? Do you have Naked Basics? Share your thoughts with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...