I love seeing reviews and photos of well used and loved makeup products, and today I wanted to share my most used eyeshadow palette ever - Urban Decay's original Naked Basics. The pictures show the proof of use and my most used shades, so let's get started!
On a boring note, Urban Decay Naked Basics retails for $29 for 6 full size (.05 oz) shades. I bought this myself at Ulta a long time ago on the suggestion of my husband. I had overlooked it many times in the display, but luckily it jumped out at him! (A recommendation to other makeup addicts: shopping with non addicts can lead you to see products you might not otherwise)
|Urban Decay Naked Basics palette in diffused indoor light|
|Urban Decay Naked Basics palette in indirect outdoor light|
- Venus - a frosted ivory white // I use it most often as an inner corner highlight or lid highlight in a halo placement
- Foxy - a matte yellow toned beige // I use it most often as an all over lid shade when my eyes are red or for setting concealer on blemishes
- Walk of Shame (WOS) - a matte pink toned beige // My favorite shade from the palette - I use almost daily as an all over lid shade to create a blank canvas (See how WOS compares to Wet N Wild Brulee here)
- Naked 2 - a matte cool toned medium brown // Excellent crease shade or lower lash defining shade
- Faint - a matte warm toned deep brown // I use it most often to smudge out eyeliner on the upper lash line
- Crave - a matte chocolate black // Great soft black shade for tightlining (I combine it often with a waterproof mixing medium)
As always, swatches are on bare, unprimed skin. I tried to build up the swatch of WOS to show the color, but it is almost the exact the same shade as my skin.
|Swatches: Urban Decay Naked Basics palette in diffused indoor light|
|Swatches: Urban Decay Naked Basics palette in indirect outdoor light|
I use Naked Basics almost every day and highly recommend it. What is your favorite neutral eye palette? Do you have Naked Basics? Share your thoughts with me!