Thursday, January 29, 2015

Lust List

I have a couple giftcards I have been saving from the holidays and my birthday is on the horizon, so I thought I would share what I am thinking about buying. When I start mulling over my shopping list, I inevitably end up adding more items to my mental 'to consider' list. Behold, my current batch of products under serious consideration:

  1. 5 Night Fix For Lips | Bite Beauty
  2. Dim Infusion Ambient Lighting Blush | Hourglass
  3. Cocoa Caviar Eye Stick Color | Laura Mercier
  4. Monochrome Modernist Eyeshadow Palette | Hourglass
  5. Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey
  6. 20 Clair Poudre Universelle Libre powder | Chanel
  7. Urban Environment Oil-Free UV Protector SPF 42 | Shiseido
  8. No.6 Plum Pink Complete Eye Palette | Burberry
  9. Jack Black lip balm

I am almost certainly going to purchase the Shiseido sunscreen in my next Sephora order after getting a sample in store. This sunscreen dries matte and blends easily, but does leave a slight white cast (which doesn't bother my fair skin, but deeper skintones beware).

The Jack Black lip balm is a constant feature on my lust list - I love it so much I buy backups for my backups. I love every flavor but the classic mint, but the lemon is probably my favorite. I have been wanting to try the Bite Beauty Agave lip mask for a while now and my Fresh lip scrub sample is running low, so if I don't go for the Jack Black I might give the Bite Beauty set a try. I think pairing the lip mask with the scrub is a smart move.

As far as color products are concerned, I have been interested in the Hourglass ambient lighting blush in Dim since its release. I haven't bought it so far because I already own a few peachy blushes and don't want to buy a dupe, but based on swatches online it might be different enough to justify. The Monochrome modernist eyeshadow palette by Hourglass is a definite flyer - I'm reading mixed reviews, so it will probably sit on my list a bit longer.

Something about the color pairing of the Burberry Plum Pink quad really speaks to me, and I especially like the thought of pairing it with the Laura Mercier caviar eye stick in Cocoa as a smoked liner. I still haven't met a caviar stick I didn't like, and Cocoa will likely be my next shade.

My husband's favorite cologne at the moment is by Issey Miyake, and he convinced me to try a sample of the L'Eau d'Issey. It is different than any of my current perfumes and it grew on me as it wore down. I'm not great at describing scents, but it smelled grown up and fresh to me - a definite foil to my Marc Jacobs Daisy.

My Urban Decay Naked loose powder is running low, so I have been looking online for replacement options. I like the Urban Decay, but I don't love it. The Chanel loose powder seems to be a well loved cult product and Lisa Eldridge uses it often in videos, so I will probably try it at some point.

Have you tried any of these products? If so, let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...