Monday, October 27, 2014

Benefit Cheeky Sweet Spot O'Blushes comparison swatches

As promised in my review of the Benefit Cheeky Sweet Spot O'Blushes holiday blush palette (here), I now have comparison swatches to share. Before purchasing this palette, I didn't own any Benefit powders. This limited edition palette includes Dandelion, Bella Bamba, Sugarbomb, Hoola, Coralista, and Rockateur, plus a mini cream Watts Up highlighter.

Benefit Cheeky Sweet Spot palette swatches
From left to right, Benefit Dandelion, Bella Bamba, Sugarbomb, Hoola, Coralista, Rockateur

Keep reading for comparison swatches to other products in my collection. All swatches in this post were done with my finger on bare, unprimed skin.


Benefit Dandelion Comparisons
Left to right, Benefit Dandelion, Inglot Freedom System Blush #20, Tarte Thankful

As shown in the picture, Dandelion and Thankful are satins, while Inglot #20 is matte. While Dandelion is one of the (relatively) cooler shades in the Cheeky Sweet Spot palette, it is a warm light pink. By comparison, both Tarte Thankful and Inglot #20 are cooler. Inglot #20 is the coolest of the three and the most powdery.

Benefit Bella Bamba Comparison
On the left, Benefit Bella Bamba, on the right, NYX Amber

Bella Bamba isn't a typical go-to shade or finish for me, so it isn't surprising that I don't have any dupes in my collection. (Confession: I wouldn't have ever bought this shade as a single) By comparison, Bella Bamba is more shimmery in finish and stiff in texture than Amber. If Bella Bamba was matte and a little deeper, I think it would be a pretty similar shade to Amber.

Benefit Sugarbomb and Coralista Comparisons
Left to right, Benefit Coralista, Benefit Sugarbomb, Too Faced All I Want For Christmas (LE), Milani Luminoso, Lorac Peach

I photographed Coralista and Sugarbomb together because they are both peachy. Of the five shades shown in the comparison swatches, only Lorac Peach is matte. Benefit Coralista (in the palette) is more vibrant than Sugarbomb, All I Want For Christmas, and Peach, but similar in color to Luminoso. Luminoso can be built up to the vibrancy of Coralista, but is a little more shimmery. Sugarbomb is the lightest of the five and could work as a highlighter on some skintones.

Benefit Hoola Comparisons 
Left to right, NYX Taupe, Benefit Hoola, Bare Minerals The Skinny Dip, NYC Sunny, and Too Faced Milk Chocolate Soleil

Benefit Hoola bronzer is matte and is deeper than The Skinny Dip, Sunny, and Milk Chocolate Soleil. Bare Minerals The Skinny Dip is a subtle satin and is has a more golden tone than Hoola. NYC Sunny and Hoola have very similar (slightly yellow) brown undertones, but Hoola is deeper and more pigmented. Compared to Hoola, Taupe and Milk Chocolate Soleil are both cooler toned.

Benefit Rockateur Comparisons
Left to right, Benefit Rockateur, NARS Douceur, Darling Girl Aloha

Compared to NARS Douceur and Darling Girl Aloha, Rockateur is more pink. Aloha is more peachy than Rockateur and Douceur. Of the three, Douceur is the most brown.

After using the limited edition Benefit Cheeky Sweet Spot O'Blushes palette for awhile, I am really happy with my purchase. I particularly enjoy Hoola, Sugarbomb, and Rockateur. My least favorite is Bella Bamba, which is both the most shimmery and the most stiff in texture. I think the value in this palette is excellent, and recommend it to someone new to Benefit powders.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...