Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Spotlights Set review & swatches

I took a mini-break from blogging this last week to take care of some wedding planning details, but I had to do some damage at Sephora. I had a friend share a Sephora Friends & Family Sale code with me, so I picked up a few items from my loves list. I have been wishing that Becca would make a mini set with their Shimmering Skin Perfectors because I know I would never finish a full size.
Becca's new Glow To Go Shimmering Skin Perfector Spotlights is a limited edition holiday set that comes with three mini sizes of the cult favorite liquid highlighter. This kit comes with three shades - Pearl, Opal, and Champagne Gold. Pearl and Opal are from the regular line and Champagne Gold is a new holiday shade. Each Shimmering Skin Perfector Spotlight mini contains .17 oz of product, compared to 1.7 oz in the full size. This holiday trio retails for $25.


Packaging 

The Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Spotlights are packaged like a lip gloss, with a clear plastic tube and a satin finish gold metal cap. The doefoot applicator is flat, unlike a standard lip gloss wand. For this type of packaging, the quality feels nice and is better than I anticipated.

I apply the product by dotting the doefoot applicator on the back of my hand and then dabbing the product on my cheekbones with my fingers or a stippling brush.


Formula

Becca's Shimmering Skin Perfector formula has earned the hype it gets. The formula is a liquid, but has a gel consistency that makes it easy to apply and blend. The shade and shimmer in this formula is refined and subtle, but buildable. I find it easy to blend over foundation without disturbing my base. In my experience, Shimmering Skin Perfectors are more shimmery than Wet N Wild's Reserve Your Cabana and less shimmery than The Balm's Mary Lou Manizer. I did comparison swatches between Becca Opal and Benefit Watts Up here.

Swatches

As always, swatches were done on bare, unprimed skin.With products like highlighters, it is important to note that swatches at full opacity do not reflect how the product will be worn in a typical application.

From left to right, Spotlights in Pearl, Opal, and Champagne Gold, shown in indirect natural light. Swatches are unblended and applied directly from the applicator.

From left to right, Spotlights in Pearl, Opal, and Champagne Gold, shown with a natural light lamp in indoor light.

Overall, this is an excellent way to try out 3 Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector shades. The set has good variety in color and undertone and features a rockstar formula worth trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...