Tuesday, August 19, 2014

New Eos Visibly Soft Lip Balm - Coconut Milk & Vanilla Mint review

I didn't care for the original Eos lip balms because I found them more waxy than hydrating. I recently saw the two new lip balms from the Visibly Soft line, Coconut Milk and Vanilla Mint, at Target for $2.99 so I picked them up. I bought these because the packaging advertised them as being more moisturizing then the original formula and the stripes are cute.




Coconut Milk:


Coconut Milk is the one that looks like a pastel pink Easter egg. As advertised, it does have a sweet coconut scent. I was pleasantly surprised that it wasn't too harsh of a smell - it is pretty subtle! As with the standard Eos lip balms, you twist off the top of the egg shape to reveal a lip balm sphere underneath. It isn't very pocket friendly, but it is super easy to find in the bottom of your purse.

Vanilla Mint:


Vanilla Mint is the light baby blue version. I usually dislike minty lip balms because the mint irritates my dry, sensitive lips. I took the plunge on this one anyway because .... because I wanted it :) Fortunately, the mint scent in this one is not very pronounced at all and it doesn't have the signature minty tingle that my lips hate. This scent feels like 85% vanilla, so I'm pleased with it. If you like your lip balms to be as minty as mouthwash and have the lip plumping tingle, skip this one.

Formula:

As advertised, these are more hydrating and moisturizing than the original eos spheres! They go on clear and leave a protective film on your lips, just like the original formula. I think these are a great lip balm for daytime use or as a base for lipstick. I still feel the need to use a more intense moisturizing night time balm, like the Jack Black lip balms, lanolin, or Aquaphor.

Overall, I'm a happy camper and glad I picked these up. If they ever come out with a lemon one, I would buy that too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...