Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Milani Brow Shaping Gel in Clear review

I bought Milani's clear brow gel because I saw a review of the product that mentioned the small brush. Most clear brow gel products at the drugstore, like Ulta Eye Brow Gel, Essence Lash & Brow Gel, and elf Lash & Brow Clear Mascara, have large wands that end up depositing too much product on your brows (and usually smearing some on your forehead). Milani's Brow Shaping Gel comes in an opaque black tube with a gold cap for $4.99 for .15 ounces, which comes out to $33.27 per ounce.



Packaging:


Unlike most brow gels on the market, Milani's comes in an opaque tube. On one hand, it is nice not to see how gross brow gel gets when you use it frequently - nobody wants to see your cloudy taupe brow gel. On the other hand, you can't see how much of the product is left.

Brush:

The brush on the end of the wand in this product is substantially smaller than every other drugstore brow gel I have tried. It has a tapered triangle shape with bristles that spiral around the wand. I did buy this product for the brush, and unfortunately the brush is the reason this product is a total fail. The bristles are so widely spaced out that the product collects in between the grooves and does not deposit evenly in your brows. The brush always pulls out of the tube with way more product than you need and overloads your brows with gel, creating a wet looking crunchy brow. Even if you wipe the excess product off of the brush, the widely spaced bristles leave little tracks through your brows, leaving you with unattractive linear clumped stripes.

Formula:


This formula is mediocre. By my lunch break at work, I feel like I need to reapply to make sure my brows stay in place the rest of the day. Not the worst formula I have tried in a brow gel (that spot goes to Ulta's store brand Eye Brow Gel), but the best I can say is that it is adequate.

The bottom line
- Don't buy this unless you want clumpy, wet looking crunchy brows that will only keep their shape until lunchtime. I love Milani, but this product lets down the line.

1 comment:

  1. I don't even know how I ended up here, but I thought this
    post was great. I don't know who you are but certainly you are going
    to a famous blogger if you aren't already ;) Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...