Monday, February 15, 2016

BB and CC cream comparison swatches for fair skin - Purito, Skin79, Missha, It Cosmetics


It can be really hard to color match yourself to a BB or CC cream when you don't have access to to a store or counter with testers, so I have a quick comparison swatch post for you today.

A few words before we begin: I have fair netural-cool toned skin, my skin is dry and sensitive, and I intermittently struggle with eczema and acne. Also, I bought all of these myself with my own money. I got ~5 samples of the Purito BB cream free with eopenmarket orders.

The contestants: 
  1. Purito Snail Cleansing BB Cream - SPF 38 / PA+++, one shade, dewy finish
  2. Skin79 Super+ Beblesh Balm (BB) Hot Pink - SPF 30 / PA++, one shade, virtually identical in color to the Skin79 VIP Gold BB cream, satin-dewy finish
  3. Skin79 Super+ Beblesh Balm (BB) Green - SPF30 / PA++, one shade, natural matte finish
  4. Missha M Signature Real Complete BB Cream in 13 Light Milky Beige - SPF 25 / PA++, 4 shades, satin finish, full review here
  5. It Cosmetics Your Skin But Better CC+ in Fair - SPF 50, 5 shades, dewy finish

 Swatches 

All of the swatches below were done on bare, unprimed skin. I used quite a bit of product in each swatch to show the color differences. The Purito and Skin79 Hot Pink are too dark for me most of the year, but I can get away with those shades sheerly in the summer. The It Cosmetics CC is by far the most yellow of the group, but I don't notice my skin looking overly yellow when worn sheerly. The best matches for my skintone are the Missha No.13 and the Skin79 Green, which are similar in color to my 2 best color matching liquid foundations, the L'Oreal True Match N1 and Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk 2. Oddly the Missha No.13 looks lighter on my arm than the Skin79 Green, but the Skin79 Green looks lighter on my face than the Missha.

Of the 5, the Skin79 Hot Pink has the highest and most buildable coverage, while the Missha Signature Real Complete has the most sheer coverage. The most matte of the group is the Skin79 Green and the most dewy in finish is the It Cosmetics CC+.

Swatches in direct natural light: Purito Snail Clearing BB cream, Skin79 Hot Pink BB cream, Skin79 Green BB cream, Missha Signature Real Complete BB cream in #13, It Cosmetics Your Skin But Better CC+ cream in Fair
Swatches in indirect natural light: Purito Snail Clearing BB cream, Skin79 Hot Pink BB cream, Skin79 Green BB cream, Missha Signature Real Complete BB cream in #13, It Cosmetics Your Skin But Better CC+ cream in Fair
Blended swatches in natural light: Purito Snail Clearing BB cream, Skin79 Hot Pink BB cream, Skin79 Green BB cream, Missha Signature Real Complete BB cream in #13, It Cosmetics Your Skin But Better CC+ cream in Fair
I hope these comparison swatches are useful to you! If you have tried any of these, let me know what you think in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...