Saturday, February 13, 2016

5 natural shades of pink makeup for Valentine's Day


Happy Valentine's Day! In the spirit of the holiday, I have 5 shades of pink makeup to share. Many people are hesitant about pink makeup - no one wants to look like they have pink eye and sometimes bright pink shades can look immature and juvenile on a grown ass adult. The shades I have chosen are each pretty pinks, but are wearable shades for real life.

As a Valentine's bonus, do your makeup with pink brushes! No one will know but you, but I think it's fun. I love the Real Techniques Multi Tasking brush for blush, bronzer, and powder and the Setting Brush for an all over eyelid wash of color and highlight.


  1. Laura Mercier Cashmere matte eyeshadow - Cashmere is a pinky taupe that works beautifully to define the crease and lower lashline. I love Cashmere worn sheerly to let the pink tones dominate! The Laura Mercier matte eyeshadow formula is highly underrated in my opinon - they are soft, wearable, and easy to blend. 
  2. Urban Decay Sin eyeshadow - Perhaps the least underrrated eyeshadow shade out there, Sin is wildly popular for a reason. Sin is a light pink champagne that takes on hints of silver and pink in different lights. I find it brightening, flattering, and a beautiful accent to any pink look. 
  3. Tarte Thankful Amazonian Clay blush - Tarte repromotes blush shades all the time, so keep your eyes peeled for this shade in value sets, palettes, and LE collections. Thankful is a warm bright pink with a satin sheen. Thankful is warm dark enough to read "healthy" on my cheeks instead of "dolly", which makes it a very natural, approachable shade. 
  4. Clinique Chubby Stick in Super Strawberry - Super Strawberry is accurately named - it gives my lips a fresh pink color with a hydrated sheen finish. I love that you can build up this shade to be a brighter pink lip or it can be worn sheerly for a tint of pink. Clinique Chubby Sticks are the OG chubby lip pencil and the formula is top shelf. 
  5. Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment in Petal - Petal is less saturated than Super Strawberry and is more moisturizing. Petal is a natural nude pink lip option that is instantly flattering on my lips. I love the lemony scent and thick, hydrating texture of Fresh lip balms.
Swatches left to right: Laura Mercier Cashmere, Urban Decay Sin, Tarte Thankful, Clinique Super Strawberry, Fresh Petal
Happy Valentine's day everyone! I hope this gave you some ideas for pink makeup shades that are easy to wear. Let me know in the comments what your favorite pink shades are!

2 comments:

  1. That Cashmere shade is beautiful!! And I love the Clinique Chubby Sticks, I got Super Strawberry in a gift with purchase one time and was so sad when I used it up. Great post! :) Hope you have a great Valentine's Day! :)

    http://www.christinaschiccorner.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...