Happy Valentine's Day! In the spirit of the holiday, I have 5 shades of pink makeup to share. Many people are hesitant about pink makeup - no one wants to look like they have pink eye and sometimes bright pink shades can look immature and juvenile on a grown ass adult. The shades I have chosen are each pretty pinks, but are wearable shades for real life.
As a Valentine's bonus, do your makeup with pink brushes! No one will know but you, but I think it's fun. I love the Real Techniques Multi Tasking brush for blush, bronzer, and powder and the Setting Brush for an all over eyelid wash of color and highlight.
- Laura Mercier Cashmere matte eyeshadow - Cashmere is a pinky taupe that works beautifully to define the crease and lower lashline. I love Cashmere worn sheerly to let the pink tones dominate! The Laura Mercier matte eyeshadow formula is highly underrated in my opinon - they are soft, wearable, and easy to blend.
- Urban Decay Sin eyeshadow - Perhaps the least underrrated eyeshadow shade out there, Sin is wildly popular for a reason. Sin is a light pink champagne that takes on hints of silver and pink in different lights. I find it brightening, flattering, and a beautiful accent to any pink look.
- Tarte Thankful Amazonian Clay blush - Tarte repromotes blush shades all the time, so keep your eyes peeled for this shade in value sets, palettes, and LE collections. Thankful is a warm bright pink with a satin sheen. Thankful is warm dark enough to read "healthy" on my cheeks instead of "dolly", which makes it a very natural, approachable shade.
- Clinique Chubby Stick in Super Strawberry - Super Strawberry is accurately named - it gives my lips a fresh pink color with a hydrated sheen finish. I love that you can build up this shade to be a brighter pink lip or it can be worn sheerly for a tint of pink. Clinique Chubby Sticks are the OG chubby lip pencil and the formula is top shelf.
- Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment in Petal - Petal is less saturated than Super Strawberry and is more moisturizing. Petal is a natural nude pink lip option that is instantly flattering on my lips. I love the lemony scent and thick, hydrating texture of Fresh lip balms.
|Swatches left to right: Laura Mercier Cashmere, Urban Decay Sin, Tarte Thankful, Clinique Super Strawberry, Fresh Petal|