Sunday, June 21, 2015

L'Oreal Colour Caresse Wet Shine Stain / Lilac Ever After #185

I wanted to quickly post swatches and a before & after of the L'Oreal Colour Caresse Wet Shine Stain in Lilac Ever After #185. I spotted several shades of the L'Oreal Colour Caresse Wet Shine Stains on clearance at Target today, on clearance for $2.15. Full price at Target is $7.19, but I usually see these for $9.99 at CVS and online. In addition to #185 Lilac Ever After, I also saw #184 Rose On And On and #193 Eternally Nude on clearance. The display was pretty picked over, so I bet other shades were on clearance as well.

 L'Oreal Colour Caresse Wet Shine Stains on clearance at my local Target



I have wanted to try the L'Oreal version for a long time, ever since I fell in love with the Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Pur Coutre Vernis À Lèvres Glossy Stain in #7, Corail Aquatique (swatches here). The shades Lilac Ever After and Corail Aquatique are not similar, but the formulas remind me of each other. I have only worn the L'Oreal once so far, so I will wait to give a full review until I have worn it more.

Swatches

As always, swatches are over bare, unprimed skin. The shade name "Lilac Ever After" is pretty misleading, as the color is a pinky brown mauve. I see a subtle pearl running throughout, but the effect is a glossy lip, not a shimmery one. I am impressed so far with the staining power - the stain is a little more pink than the product, but is overall similar and stains evenly. The L'Oreal glossy stain has a similar fruity chemical smell to the YSL glossy stain, so keep that in mind you are sensitive to scent.

Swatches: L'Oreal Colour Caresse Wet Shine Stain / Lilac Ever After #185

See how not at all lilac that color is? Anyone buying this shade based on the name alone is going to be disappointed.

Lip swatch: bare lips on the left, L'Oreal lilac ever after on the right

Overall, I am really enjoying this product so far. I am tempted to go back to Target for the other shades - you can't beat it for $2!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...