Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Japanese brush haul - Chikuhodo & Koyudo first impressions

I recently made a brush order from CD Japan to try out some new Japanese makeup brushes. Previously, my Japanese brush experience has solely been based on my Hakuhodo brushes, and I thought it was time to expand my horizons. Like Hakuhodo, Chikuhodo and Koyudo brushes are made by hand using traditional calligraphy brush techniques near Kumano, Japan. 

Brushes L to R: Koyudo BP 010, Koyudo powder brush, Koyudo BP 035, Chikuhodo Z-5
These brushes are brand new to me and I quickly snapped these pictures with my phone after I unwrapped my package. Stay tuned for higher quality pictures and comparisons to other brushes in my collection. 

I ordered from CD Japan and chose to ship internationally with FedEx. Everything was packed well and shipped quickly. 

Brushes L to R: Koyudo BP 035, Chikuhodo Z-5, Koyudo powder brush, Koyudo BP 010 

What I ordered:

  1. Koyudo BP High Class Series BP035 Shader Brush, Pine Squirrel, extremely soft shader eyeshadow brush
  2. Chikuhodo Z Series Z-5 Eye Shadow, 100% Gray Squirrel, extremely soft all over base eyeshadow brush
  3. Koyudo BP High Class Series BP010 Tapered Powder Brush, Goat, soft tapered powder / bronzer brush
  4. Koyudo 100% Gray Squirrel Powder Brush, unlabeled handle but looks very similar to the Koyudo BP High Class Series BP009 Powder Brush, extremely soft powder brush, was on clearance at the time of purchase (I'm not sure why - the brush is well constructed and has no visible flaws)
  5. Gift with purchase - Jacquard Cosmetic Pouch with floral black exterior, gold zip, and shiny purple lined interior with an elastic pocket (limited time offer, free with purchase of select Koyudo brushes)

Brushes L to R: Koyudo BP 010, Koyudo powder brush, Koyudo BP 035, Chikuhodo Z-5
My first impression? I'm blown away. I just want to keep petting them and I can't wait to use the crap out of them. I would definetly purchase from Koyudo and Chikuhodo in the future and rank them on par with my much loved Hakuhodo brushes. If you have the budget, you can't go wrong for quality on handmade Japanese makeup brushes.

Stay tuned for full reviews and better pictures! In the meantime, you might be interested in my reviews of the Hakuhodo J521 eyeliner brush or the Hakuhodo B5521 tapered powder / highlight brush.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...