Sunday, April 5, 2015

Physician's Formula Shimmer Strips Warm Nude Eyeliner Trio review & swatches

The full name of this package of three eyeliners is absurdly long - the Physician's Formula Shimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Eyeliner Trio in Warm Nude Eyes. Despite the name, these twist up eyeliner pencils are a great value for the price. For around $12 you get three eyeliners - a pearl copper, pearl chocolate brown, and a shimmery black. I bought mine at Ulta during a 40% off all Physician's Formula sale. I don't usually buy Physician's Formula products at full price because they are on sale frequently.

 The Physician's Formula Shimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Eyeliner Trio in Warm Nude Eyes


 The Physician's Formula Shimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Eyeliner Trio in Warm Nude Eyes

Packaging
  • Retractable eyeliner pencil (twists up and down)
  • Sharpener on the end
  • Pencil casing matches the product color
  • Very standard no frills packaging but does the job
Swatches
Swatches over bare, unprimed skin.

Swatches (indirect light): Shimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Eyeliner Trio in Warm Nude Eyes

 Swatches (direct light): Shimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Eyeliner Trio in Warm Nude Eyes

 Pros: 
  • Excellent longevity - 12+ hour wear with no smudgy racoon eyes or serious fading
  • No shimmer fallout
  • Creamy texture, applies smoothly over eyelid texture/ dry eyelids
  • Easy to use
Cons:
  •  I don't love the brassy copper shade as much as the others (very good formula, but not my color preference)
  • The pencil can retract while you are using it because the swivel is a bit more loose than I would like
  • All 3 shades have a pearl or shimmer finish (could be a pro if you like shimmery eyeliners!)
Overall, these eyeliners are very well formulated and wear beautifully in the upper and lower lashline. I don't wear any eyeliner in my waterline due to my sensitive eyes, so I can't comment on waterline longevity. I really enjoy these and would repurchase when I run out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...