Sunday, November 13, 2016

Is it a dupe? Urban Decay sin vs Stila kitten eyeshadow


I totally get why Stila Kitten and Urbay Decay Sin are popular eyeshadow shades - both are shimmery champagne nudes that light up the eye. What I don't get is why people online treat them like dupes. I have owned both for a long time and they serve totally different purposes in my collection.

Let's take a look at some swatches and the differences will make themselves clear.

A photo posted by Avery Mae (@averymaebeauty) on

Looking at side by side swatches, it is very clear that Stila Kitten is has a more yellow peachy tone, while Sin is cooler and more ballet pink. Kitten's shimmer leans golden, while Sin's gleam leans silver. Kitten has very obvious shimmer particles, while Sin has a smoother satin finish. Kitten has a softer texture, obvious shimmer, is more opaque, and has a definite 'notice me' bling quality. Sin can be worn softly and sheerly for a natural effect, which is impossible for Kitten.

Both shades are absolutely beautiful, but are in no way dupes. If you only like no-makeup-makeup, Sin could have a place in your collection, but Kitten will be too loud for you. By contrast, if you like shimmer and bling, Kitten will be right up your alley but Sin is likely to be underwhelming. I don't feel comfortable wearing Kitten in a corporate office setting, but Sin feels appropriate at work. I save wearing Kitten for parties or when I want to feel movie star glam.

I hope this was helpful! If you have any other champagne eyeshadow favorites, leave me a comment and I would love to check them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...