Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Minimalist makeup travel kit + my favorite travel bag


This post is all about my travel makeup essentials, how I pack my makeup for a trip, and the makeup bag I take with me. I have done quite a bit of traveling the last few months, so I wanted to give you a peek at what I take with me.

I have owned my Laura Mercier custom artist portfolio for over a year now and still adore it. It was limited edition and pretty pricey, but I have seen Laura Mercier come out with a few variations so I don't think it is gone forever. As an alternative, you could look at Trish McEvoy or Sonia Kashuk if the Laura Mercier isn't available. I have a full review of the Laura Mercier custom artist porfolio here if you want to see more pictures and how much makeup it can fit.

The makeup case has 4 mesh pockets - 1 large, 2 medium, and 1 small, that are magnetized so they come in and out easily. It also has a zippered brush page with a pocket on the back. Let's take a look at what I packed:

  • Eyeshadow: Smashbox photo op eye trio in filter (mini size from a kit), Urban Decay Sin
  • Primer: Too Faced shadow insurance (mini)
  • Brows / Eyeliner: Anastasia Beverly Hills dipbrow pomade in medium brown (review here)
  • Highlight: Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Spotlight in Champagne Gold (review here)
  • Lips: Jack Black lip balm in grapefruit, Fresh sugar lip treatment in rose (mini)
  • Practical necessities: Revlon tweezers, cotton rounds, cotton buds, flosser picks, and contacts
  • Mascara: CoverGirl clump crusher extensions in black
  • Concealer: NARS radiant creamy concealer in vanilla
  • Brows: Anastasia Beverly Hills clear brow gel 
  •  Base: Skin79 BB cream in VIP gold
  • Setting powder: Laura Mercier translucent powder (used for setting concealer) (mini)
  • Blush: Hourglass Dim Infusion
  • Bronzer: NARS Laguna (review here)
  • Powder: Essence all about matt translucent powder
  • Touch Ups: Essence all about matt blotting papers
Face Brushes:
  • Real Techniques multi tasking brush
  • Koyudo BP 010 tapered face brush
Eye Brushes:
  • Chikuhodo Z-5 / for all over base eyeshadow color
  • Koyudo BP 035 / for lid color
  • EcoTools airbrush concealer / for setting concealer
  • UBU concealer brush #21 / for under eye and face concealer (review here)
  • Hakuhodo J521 / for tightlining and eyeliner (review here)
  • Real Techniques eyeliner brush / for eyebrows (review here)
When I am flying, I make sure to separate out the liquids and gels (concealer, mascara, etc) into a plastic zip bag because I always take my luggage carry on. If your travel makeup bag doesn't have a section for brushes with a protective flap, I highly recommend a brush roll or something similar to protect the shape of your brushes.

I hope this was helpful! I love seeing what makeup and brushes other people pack - share yours in the comments!

2 comments:

  1. What a good travel makeup bag! I always tend to pack farrrrr more than I ever need.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to plan in advance or I end up over packing too :) Glad you like it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...