Monday, June 15, 2015

Summer makeup inspiration: 5 picks to try


I love the stock summer makeup trends - natural skin, glowy, healthy finishes, and warm bronzes, peach, and pink. Lately, I have  been head over heels for this picture and used it as inspiration for a look I did at a friend's wedding. The photo is from a blog I love by Cole Townsend called New Old Stock - he curates copyright free vintage photographs. This photo is called Fringed Poppy and was taken in 1930.

My 5 picks to try for summer: 

1. Urban Decay Freelove eyeshadow single - a beautiful peachy pink shimmer that works well as a sheer wash or a more dramatic eye

2. Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector liquid in Opal - a believable golden pink glow that looks healthy and natural

3. NARS Laguna bronzer - Laguna is a cult classic staple for a reason. I love the subtle golden pearl throughout both on my eyelids and cheekbones.

4. Clinique Lash Doubling mascara - The natural bristle triangle shaped wand manages both volume and separation, while really delivering on accentuating the length of my lashes

5. Individual Flare False Lashes - I have been loving individual flare falsies lately because they add fluttery drama to my natural eye lashes without the necessity to use lots of eyeliner to cover the lash band from a traditional strip. I place 3 to 4 flares on each eye, focusing on the outer half of the lid. My favorites right now are the knot free Ardell Duralash Natural Flares in Medium Black paired with the Duo Brush On Striplash Adhesive. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...