Sunday, December 21, 2014

Must have: Real Techniques Powder Brush

Regular blog readers know I have a soft spot for brushes. Today's feature - the Real Techniques Powder Brush - is a reliable stalwart among my collection of face brushes. I realized I had to write a post on this brush when I caught myself procrastinating washing it because I didn't want to wait for it to dry to use it again.


The Real Techniques Powder Brush retails for $9.99, but you can frequently get it for less with sales and coupons. I bought mine at Ulta.



Details:
  • Synthetic taklon bristles
  • Aluminum ferrule
  • Tapered end - can stand upright and will take up extra room in your brush cup
  • Cruelty free
  • Larger size than a typical powder brush


I use the Real Techniques Powder Brush with pressed face powders, most often with powder foundations. After applying my liquid foundation or BB cream, I will use this brush with a tapping motion  to apply a powder foundation or mattifying setting powder. The tapping motion allows me to mattify and build a little bit of additional coverage without disturbing the foundation. This brush is soft and supple, leaving a natural finish.

I also use this brush for touchups partway through the day and it does a very good job. I don't enjoy this brush as much for applying a full coverage powder foundation because I prefer a brush with more tightly packed bristles for building coverage. Similarly, I prefer a brush with more loosely packed bristles for loose powders.


Pros:
Cons:
Overall, I think this brush is must have and I use it all the time. As with all of my Real Techniques brushes, the quality is excellent for the price - after owning the brush for over a year, it looks and feels the same as when I bought it. If you are in the market for a large powder brush, take this one for a spin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...