Sunday, December 14, 2014

Lorac Plum and Peach Blush review & swatches

I don't see a lot of love or hype for Lorac's powder blush formula, but they are a pleasure to use. The new PRO formula offers more shades, but the standard powder blush line is worth taking a look at. Lorac blushes retail for $20 and seem to be on a semi-permanent $10 sale on the VIP Sale page. As always, the Lorac site offers free shipping with no minimum - a perfect setup for enabling makeup addicts.


 I own two shades, both matte: Plum and Peach. (The other two shades in the line are called Rose and Crimson.)
Lorac blushes: Plum on the left, Peach on the right

Lorac blush (back), Plum and Peach


I have owned Lorac's blush in Peach for a long time, and I use it regularly, so I had to try out another shade. Both Peach and Plum are very accurately and honestly named, the seemingly boring great aunt to NARS' scandalous shade names. I love the versatility of matte blushes, and this is a very easy to use and blendable formula. The formulation is everything I look for in a blush - pigmented but not excessively so, smooth, picks up well on a brush, and long lasting on the skin. The finish of each blush is matte, but doesn't look flat or chalky on the skin. The one downfall for these is the packaging. I find the screw top to be less convenient than a compact, but it isn't a serious issue.

Swatches of Lorac blush: Plum on the left, Peach on the right

Swatches are on bare, unprimed skin. I have swatched the blushes at full opacity, but they also look beautiful when applied sheer. Plum is a warm toned rosy plum, while Peach is a warm toned peach shade.

Overall, I recommend each of these shades and feel comfortable recommending the other two shades in the line. Especially at the discounted sale price, these are steal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...