Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Benjabelle Daisy makeup brush drying tree review

Hi guys, I'm baaaaack! Sorry for the break - I took another mini-break from blogging to get some wedding planning done. Turns out, it's a lot of work!

Even when I'm not wearing a lot of makeup, there are some MVP products I use all the time. The Benjabelle Daisy Brush Tree is one of those must-have loved products for me - I use it every week in my brush cleaning routine. (I should have cleaned it off for you, but the water spots are in full force in the pictures below.)
I bought my brush tree on Beautylish for $19.95. If you purchase on the Benjabelle site, you can buy the Daisy tree in black, white, or pink.
The details
  • Size - 5 inches x 8 inches 
  • Pieces - 3 (one top piece, two legs)
  • Materials - Plastic and silicone
  • Capacity - 2 large holes (large bronzer brushes), 4 medium holes (standard face brushes), 8 small holes (eye and lip brushes)
 How it works

 An upside down Benjabelle Daisy brush tree

The Benjabelle Daisy brush tree is super easy to use! Here's what I do:
  1. Snap it together - the three pieces snap together easily and securely
  2. Place it upright - flip it over
  3. Put it by the sink
  4. Fill it up - once your brush is clean, push the handle of the brush up through the silicone holes with the ferrule and brush head pointing down
  5. Wait for the brushes to dry!
 Filled up Benjabelle Daisy brush tree

Why you NEED a brush tree
  • It stores like a champ- all of the pieces come apart and it stores flat. Easy peasy. 
  • It's sturdy - seriously, for plastic and silicone, it feels sturdy and can take some abuse. 
  • Your brushes dry faster - for real, not kidding
  • It just plain works. Once you use one of these for your brush laundry sessions, you won't be able to go back to rubber banding brushes to a towel rack, rolling up hand towels to lay brushes on, or leaning brushes against a soap dish. 
(Note: If you only have a few brushes and don't use them on the regular, you don't need this. I think a brush tree is a necessity for those of us with a brush collection, but not for the casual makeup user.)
    Why pick Daisy?

    I picked Daisy because I wanted the variety of small, medium, and large holes with the smaller footprint. I wash all of my brushes at least once a month, but my everyday most used brushes get washed weekly. For my most used brushes, the variety of shapes in the Daisy works for me and the smaller size works for my tiny apartment bathroom counter top.  Benjabelle does offer more options, so if Daisy doesn't speak to you, don't panic.

    Bottom line, if all of my makeup and tools vanished mysteriously, I would repurchase this in a heartbeat. Total must have for anyone with a serious makeup brush habit.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...